Background

Monday, August 2, 2010

Life with kids...

It has been awhile since my last post...so it is when there are kids around. B and A (the two younger ones) have been with us full time now for a little over three weeks. Life has certainly changed, but what fun it is! We have had our ups and downs, but we are all getting used to each other and getting the routine worked out. Grandma has come and visited a couple of times, they love Grandma (she comes bearing gifts)! We are going on our first camping trip together this weekend, that should be fun and exciting.

B touched my heart yesterday. "Jesus Loves Me" came on the CD on our way to church and both he and A were singing along with the CD. When the song finshed, he asked, "Can we sing that again? I love to sing that song!" Needless to say, with tears in my eyes, we sang that song again! When I get frustrated with DFCS and all the hoops we have to jump through, I can remind myself, that it is all worth it just to hear a little one sing joyful praises to God. A little one, who might not have had that chance if it weren't for Robert and I being obedient to God's calling to do foster to adopt care. Whether they are with us forever (which is our prayer) or temporarily I pray that we have a lasting impact on their eternal status with God.

We are both beginning to fully understand the concept that B and A were created by God, for us. We both fully believe this. They even look like they could be our biological children. But, taking the physical appearance out, they were specifically chosen for us at this specific time. We also fully believe that God placed us here on this earth, at this time and place for B and A. It is so awesome to see the amazing hand of God working everything together for this moment for this situation. All the waiting, worrying and agonizing was preparation for this specific situation. B summed it up by stating one day in the car, "I am going to live with you a long, long, long time because you are my family."

Doug, our Adult Ministries Pastor, gave a scary statistic for our county here in Georgia. There are over 250 children in foster care in Bartow county and there are just over 30 foster families in Bartow county. Do the math, it doesn't add up! I don't know statistics for the nation, but I am sure that this is close to the case in many other areas of our country. If you feel the slightest inkling that God is leading you to do foster care or adoption, go with it. It will be the biggest blessing you will ever receive. It might be frustrating and a lot of red tape, but we need good families to help these children. I am not just talking about foster and adopt here in the US, there are many needs around the world as well. I am a supporter of national and international adoption.

Okay, I am off my soapbox now. Please continue to pray for us. Our prayer is that God will work out whatever is best for B and A, we hope we are a part of whatever that is. I will try to post more often also.

1 comment: